Updated: Feb 10
A few weeks ago New York, both the state and the city have joined a fairly small group of states with a tough stance on harassment and requirements employers must implement to comply. Only California, Maine and Connecticut were previously known for such requirements.
The top 5 things to know about the NY law:
1. All employers are subject to the law regardless of size;
2. Employers are required to have a written sexual harassment policy;
3. There are mandatory training requirements;
4. There are new posting requirements;
5. Employers are prohibited from including a non-disclosure provision in settlement agreements.
The State law is effective October 9, 2018
The City law is effective April 1, 2019
It is not too early to get ready!
Please feel free to email me if you would like more information: email@example.com